Monday, March 4, 2013

WE ARE ACCEPTED




I always used to feel like I had to perform to be accepted in Church. I had to work really hard and "look" really spiritual to feel that I  was worthy to be in God's Presence. I would look at people like Billy Graham or Mother Theresa and feel completely worthless. Comparing myself to these spiritual "Giants" I always felt like the  'Biggest Looser'!  I worked really hard while growing up to garner God's "favor". I went to church every Wednesday night for Bible Study as well as Sunday mornings. I even pushed myself to get involved with volunteering at a local orphanage trying so hard to get God's attention. How many people live there lives like that? Working hard to attempt to earn God's favor without ever realizing that they've had it all along? You see we are not orphan's vying for the attention of a perspective caretaker. We are beloved children adored by their loving father. That's the message that Jesus taught. The message that God loves us and REALLY wants to spend time with us. He knows all our fault's and flaws. He knows the hidden places in our heart but still loves us. No matter what we've done in the past--God wants to clean us up and invite us to be part of his family. No judgement--just His desire that we experience the relationship with Him that we were created to enjoy and that we start to walk out who we were created to be. 

Romans 5:8 "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us."


Romans 8:38, 39  "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment

"It's easy to be a "Christian" when life is good. The real sign of a person's relationship with Jesus is who they are when things are hard and it seems like life is falling apart." ~Brian