Wednesday, March 6, 2013

PERFECT GOD GIVES PERFECT GIFTS

God is good! I had to share a story that happened to me recently. I had gone to Nordstrom Rack to look for a pair of cheap blue jeans. For those of you unfamiliar with Nordstrom’s Rack—it is the liquidation store for Nordstrom’s (which is a store that sells really nice clothing). I had a very limited budget for jeans and I was hoping that they had something within my limited price range. While at the store I noticed a really sharp looking black suit, which was my exact size, on the clearance rack. Although it was $500.00, (definitely WAY over my current financial limitations) I still tried it on to see how it looked. The suit looked awesome! I felt like a GQ model wearing this thing. While admiring this suit in a mirror; I noticed a red tag on the sleeve that read 80% off. "Wow!" I thought, I could get this thing for $100.00 plus $35.00 tailoring. I've never owned a really nice suit before. At my business I normally dress extremely casual. I went ahead and decided to get the suit. I had the pants measured and pinned up for tailoring and took the ticket to the front counter to pay my anticipated $135 plus bill. When I got to the counter the lady scanned the tag and said, “Oh no, this isn't right?” I knew it, 80% off had to be a 'miss-mark'? Has to be too good to be true? She then went on to say that there was an extra 10% discount on this suit (90% off). Additionally she told me that my $35.00 tailoring was "free" since I had a Nordstrom card. How cool!! This $500.00 suit custom tailored and I spent $49.00 for it. I just picked it back up from tailoring the other day. Don’t know exactly when I’ll wear this it but when I do I know I’ll be looking sharp in my $49.00 Nordstrom suit. God is good and I firmly believe that He even cares about the small insignificant things in our lives like the joy I felt being able to get a new suit for $49.00 

Matthew 7:7-11
"Keep on asking and it will be given you;  keep on seeking and you will find; [c]keep on knocking [reverently] and [the door] will be opened to you.
For everyone who keeps on asking receives; and he who keeps on seeking finds; and to him who keeps on knocking, [the door] will be opened.
Or what man is there of you, if his son asks him for a loaf of bread, will hand him a stone?
10 Or if he asks for a fish, will hand him a serpent?
11 If you then, evil as you are, know how to give good and advantageous gifts to your children, how much more will your Father Who is in heaven [perfect as He is] give good and advantageous things to those who keep on asking Him!"


No comments:

Post a Comment

"It's easy to be a "Christian" when life is good. The real sign of a person's relationship with Jesus is who they are when things are hard and it seems like life is falling apart." ~Brian