Monday, February 18, 2013

Making Godly Decisions

 [Brian’s thoughts of the day: December 18th]


      Making Godly Decisions 
Lots of decisions going on in my life right now. The thought came to me tonight that the true sign of a person's maturity in Christ lies in whether they chose to be obedient and make "Godly" decisions even when it hurts. It's easy to be obedient when things are easy, but what choices do you and I make when the road is rough and compromise is the easiest alternative? What do we all chose to do when no one is watching? Will or do we make honorable decisions or take the easier road? Will we show personal integrity and conviction or  compromise? Will we chose fear or walk in the knowledge that our Heavenly Father loves us and can provide no matter how much turmoil is swirling around.
 For years my faith was limited to Sunday mornings between 8:00 am and 11am. I am now at a point in my life where that's not good enough. I chose to be a man that trusts and follows Christ in the hard times and makes decisions that honor Him no matter what the cost. ~Brian

Daneille Snowden [Blog Editor]: Brian and I are friends from our high school youth group and had recently reconnected on facebook. Also, I was there when he first accepted Christ in 1982 at a Keith Green concert. I have been following his Facebook posts on his journey back into intimacy with God and offered to share them on a blog.

2 comments:

  1. Always remember: He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress:My God; in Him will I trust.
    Brother Brian, I too have been tried in the fire, and there was a time when I fell, but when I learned to truly dwell in that secret place, I gained a victory that no one and nothing will ever be able to take away.
    God bless you brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roy for commenting. Like you said, tt's life changing when we finally begin to learn that secret of dwelling in that secret place with the Almightly. God bless, brother. - Brian

      Delete

"It's easy to be a "Christian" when life is good. The real sign of a person's relationship with Jesus is who they are when things are hard and it seems like life is falling apart." ~Brian