Friday, February 15, 2013

BRIAN'S FIRST POST

FROM DANEILLE  (Post Editor): Brian and I are friends from high school youth group and we have recently reconnected on facebook. I happened to be there when Brian first accepted Christ in 1982 at a Keith Green concert. Also I have been following his Facebook posts on Brian's journey back into intimacy with God and offered to share them on a blog. [Check out my blog: http://snowdenwiththefam-daneille.blogspot.com/]

  DIVORCE IS HEARTBREAKING

     Divorce is heartbreaking. It's especially heart wrenching when both couples in the marriage are believers and that relationship with God should have impacted their marital relationship. The current divorce rate among "Born-again" church attending Christians is over 50%. That's the same divorce rate as among the non-churched. Whatever happened to the Biblical idea of a marriage "covenant"? What ever happened to trying to resolve your differences instead and working on the relationship. The death of a marriage is heartbreaking for all involved.

   I'm a little introspective tonight as this evening I just finished attending a "Divorce care" class that is taught by one of my church friends, Bill. It hit me as I was sitting in the class, that 4 years ago- I was on staff at the same church; co-leading their "Fireproof" marriage class! Wow, a lot changes in 4 years. I'm so glad that I have so many faithful friends that have been there for me this last year. I'm also so grateful that I serve a compassionate God that is always there for those who cry out to Him. 



Psalm 34:18: "The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."



No comments:

Post a Comment

"It's easy to be a "Christian" when life is good. The real sign of a person's relationship with Jesus is who they are when things are hard and it seems like life is falling apart." ~Brian